There’s a lot of talk about the cloud these days, for a good reason. Did you know that Direct Connect Cloud services can save your business time and money? On average, customers with direct connections to AWS pay roughly 4x less on their egress cost than those using the public internet.
Direct Connect is a connection between your data center and an AWS Direction Connection location and a way to securely and quickly transfer data through connected clouds. This direct, private connection reduces the network’s access points, enhancing information security. In addition to improved security, Direct Connect provides increased reliability and decreased variability in network latency compared to public internet-based connections.
On its own, Direct Connect is a powerful tool. With MOD PaaSPort™ platform, businesses can choose AWS Direct Connect to connect their data center to an AWS Direct Connect location. When Direct Connect is combined with MOD PaaSPort™, companies can securely connect their data center to any AWS Direct Connect location worldwide through a global ecosystem of 1,660 networks and cloud providers, in more than 100 facilities, across 80 data centers, on six continents. MOD PaaSPort™ provides businesses with the flexibility and reliability to compete in a globally distributed manner.
What are the Benefits of Direct Connect?
There are many reasons why businesses should consider utilizing Direct Connect for their data transfers. Direct Connect provides businesses with many advantages, including:
- Improved security: By reducing the number of access points to the network, Direct Connect enhances information security and helps keep data transfers secure from external threats.
- Increased reliability: Direct Connect provides increased reliability compared to public internet-based connections.
- Decreased variability in network latency: Direct Connect can help reduce variability in network latency compared to public internet-based connections.
- Cost savings: Direct Connect can save companies up to 4x less on their egress cost than those that use the public internet.
When combined with MOD PaaSPort™, MOD makes it easier for businesses to manage connections. Users can dynamically add, change, or move services through the software-defined platform, enabling them to customize services to optimize their IT infrastructure through managed colocation, bare metal, network, and other essential services.
Who Benefits the Most from Direct Connect?
When Direct Connect and MOD PaaSPort™ are used together, businesses can take advantage of many benefits that can improve the performance and security of their data transfers. Many companies can benefit from utilizing Direct Connect, especially when performance is a significant concern. Businesses that frequently transfer large amounts of data or require real-time access to data can benefit from using Direct Connect. Businesses with strict security requirements can take advantage of improved security.
As a managed service provider specializing in colocation and IP services solutions, MOD Mission Critical has the expertise to help customers establish network connectivity between AWS Direct Connect locations and their data center, office, or colocation environment. We offer three Direct Connect models to help customers choose the right solution for their business needs. These options include:
- Dedicated Connections provide a single customer with dedicated 1 Gbps, 10 Gbps, or 100 Gbps physical Ethernet ports that can support 50 private or public virtual interfaces (VIF) and one transit VIF.
- Hosted Connections allow an AWS Direct Connect partner to create a direct connection for the customer and are available from 50 Mbps up to 10 Gbps.
- Hosted Virtual Interfaces have no AWS capacity and belong to a different AWS account than those assigned to the direct connection.
MOD customers can enjoy direct connectivity from nearly anywhere in the world through the MOD PaaSPort™ platform, where the customer can choose AWS Direct Connect. As a result, enterprises can access cloud-based applications and services via public or private connections with the best performance and security guarantees. To learn more about MOD Mission Critical, visit our site or get in touch with our team.
This article was published on: 07/26/22 11:03 AM | Tags: Tags: AWS, AWS Direct Connect, cloud services, connectivity, data, direct connect, MOD PaaSPort, PaaSPort, Security